Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Non-gluten Rhubarb Coffee Cake

Found a wonderful recipe for my non-gluten guests. Tried it and it's fabulous. I don't have Celiac's disease...I can eat wheat, but I'm very fond of some of the non-gluten recipes I've gathered together for my special guests. I have many of them listed on my Aleksander House site under "breakfast" but thought I'd post this Rhubarb one here on my blog for a while before I transfer it over to the Aleksander House site.Ingredients:

Ingredients
1/2 cup margarine
1-1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 cups GF flour mix
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk
2 cups chopped rhubarb

Topping
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 °F. Mix margarine and sugar together; beat in egg and vanilla. Mix in remaining dry ingredients followed by milk, then add finely chopped rhubarb. Pour into greased pan then sprinkle mixed topping on top. Bake in 9x13 inch pan for 35-40 minutes.

*Note: Half this recipe works well in an 8x8 inch pan.

If you enjoyed this post, please consider making a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment